There are two reporting entities who are required to provide information to the Register of Critical Infrastructure Assets.
Direct Interest Holder
Direct Interest Holders are entities that hold a direct or joint interest of at least 10 per cent in a critical infrastructure asset, or who hold an interest and are in a position to directly or indirectly influence or control the asset.
A Responsible Entity for a critical infrastructure asset is the body licensed to operate the asset.
How to report
If you are registering your asset for the first time, you must complete the
Registration form for the Responsible Entity of a Critical Infrastructure Asset.
If a notifiable event has occurred and you are advising of changes to an existing registration, complete the
Responsible Entity: Notification of change to an existing registration on the Register of Critical Infrastructure Assets form.
If you are registering as a Direct Interest Holder of a Critical Infrastructure Asset you must complete the
New Registration by a Direct Interest Holder of a Critical Infrastructure Asset form.
If there has been a notifiable change to a Direct Interest Holder of a Critical Infrastructure asset please complete the
Direct Interest Holder: Notification of change to an existing registration on the Register of Critical Infrastructure Assets form.
Reporting entities are obligated to report any notifiable changes to the required information within 30 days of the event. Any delays in submitting your online registration could result in penalties.
Important information to note when registering
The forms may be saved and returned to but must be completed and submitted online within seven days.
- You can keep your browser open and return to the form, however, if you navigate away from the form and do not save it as a draft all data will be lost and you will need to start again.
- The online Direct Interest Holder form will allow up to nineteen entries of "Other entities with influence or control". Additional entities with influence can be registered using a new Direct Interest Holder Registration form.The online Responsible Entity form allows a maximum of nineteen operators to be reported. Additional operators can be reported using a new Responsible Entity Registration form.
- Ensure pop ups are enabled on your browser before starting the form.
- Supporting documentation can be uploaded to the online form before submission.
- You will be sent a summary of your registration to your nominated email address when you submit the online forms.
Refer to New Critical Infrastructure (CI) assets captured under the SOCI Act to see if your asset is considered a critical infrastructure asset under the Act and if you need to register it.